Neptune apex broke on vacation HELP!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Rhoads238, Oct 25, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

Hey all,

I just got back from a week vacation to walk in the door and see my tank with no lights on and blowing air from the return pump. When i looked at my apex I started pressing buttons to see what was wrong and noticed that the display was frozen. I also tried using the app but nothing was happening. I unplugged the system from the wall and plugged it back in and the screen turned off and is not coming back on. I also noticed that the energy bars have a blinking yellow light. I'm not sure when this happened as i have not been able to contact the person who was taking care of my tank yet. Please help me trouble shoot my apex!

2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Only thing I can think of is unplugging the unit and let it sit for 5 minutes. Plug it back in and see what happens. If that doesn't reset it, then you can do a hard reset... would erase all programming though which kinda sucks. The neptune forums would be a great place to look for answers. Not many people that I know of around here have had many issues with their apex.

4. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

I had mine lock up on me a few times and what it ended up being was that my port that it is set on default (port 80) happens to be a common port for a lot of other traffic causing the unit to lock up and freeze. I switched it to a random number port and it never happened again. Also the newest firmware update resolved that issue that they had. Hope it is something simple such as this to cure your issue.

Matt Rogers likes this.
  5. vtecintegra

vtecintegra Fire Worm

Sorry to hear about this. Did the outlets default to their fallback settings at all?

I'd contact Neptune and have them try to connect to the apex and troubleshoot it. You're not the first I've heard of this happening to, so I'd guess they would be able to pinpoint the problem remotely or recommend a new unit.

6. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

Thanks for the support everyone. On monday i contacted neptune for support and they ended up saying to send the display back. When I was removing it from the tank i noticed that there was a small hole in the wire where the wire was passing through the cabinet door to my stand. It's highly likely that opening and closing the door made the hole and then water got splashed on it causing it to short. Hopefully I'll have it back by friday or saturday.

rcflyer1388 and mdbostwick like this.