Neomeris annulata... what say you??

Discussion in 'Algae' started by bmshehan, Feb 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

LOL

Yeppers. Because it's calcareous, you not only need to be concerned with the normal Redfield Ratio issues, you also need to pretend it's a coral and keep your Calcium, Magnesium, and Alkalinity in line at all times too.

2. Click Here!

3. garyfirefish

garyfirefish Plankton

Worm Algae is EVIL

If you ever get an infestation, try as you may, you will NEVER get rid of it. I ended up having to sell, but in most cases, GIVE my corals away because it kept growing and growing and spreading around my corals. Once you develop a problem with it, you will NEVER, and I repeat again, NEVER, get rid of it. It does what it wants, it does NOT care of the quality of the water it is in, you cannot outsmart it. Turning off the lights doesn't help at all. I even washed one of my aquariums in the bathtub and replaced it with new rock and salt and it still grew right back.

My 210 gal tank was covered in it. The final resolve was to start all over, I ran fresh water only in it for 2 monthes and I'm still not certain it won't come back.

I think Neomeris annulata goes sexual, and once it does that it must leave millions of spores everywhere. I do think it likes old tank, have you heard of "old tank syndrome"? If not find out about it.

4. brandon429

brandon429 Fire Worm