Neglected tank

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by PghSteeler, Apr 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Now time for some plants!
    Had a real nice group of anubias that unfortunately due to neglect became overrun with algae. The nanapetite has put off a million baby plants and is always sprouting new leaves and the coffeefoila looks decent but nto what it used to be. The large barteri was always completely done it from algae though so I removed all but 2 leaves and have a large 10+inches rhizome left that I am hoping with proper care and time will come back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The one thing that has done extremely well if the java fern windowlov. Pictures are of when I bought it maybe 1-2years ago sometime compared to today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And another newer addition that I added when I decided to start working on the tank again was some Java fern tropica (Have only seen it online and then happened to come across it at a store only once so had to have it) Seems to be doing well had some initial dieback from is shooting up new leaves weekly.
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Now for the tank shots. The first was right after I planted the tank and was still waiting for things to fill in how I wanted followed by one from just the other day(been about a month since I did a major pruning of the jungle and am once again waiting for thigns to grow in since I got rid of a lot of the plants.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Very embarassed by the overcrowding. This is a prime example of why you should never buy now planning to upgrade later!! Kept saying within 6months of starting the tank I would start up a 75gallon, been many more than that and I have yet to get a larger FW tank, been replaced instead by the 46gal reeftank. I did build the new stand ( No pictures yet) to be able to support the 26bowfront or a 36bowfront so maybe in the future I will upgrade this FW tank and use the 26 as a QT tank for the SW.