needed Rock ... via Volume, not Lb

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by crutkas, Aug 18, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

A locked and loaded tank doesn't exist, neither in marine or freshwater. Tell your brother to save his money and time, because all he will end up seeing is a lot of dead fish and stuff.

John

2. Click Here!

3. crutkas

crutkas Flamingo Tongue

misunderstanding me. I want the tank to be as selfsubstaining as possible. I understand levels must be checked, water added (replaced) and feedings are going to have to happen.

I figure if I overload the system on LR (and LR substitues), it will help handle a heavy bioload just in case. The fuge, DSB and DC will help handle the nitrates that are produced.

4. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

OK :)

Are you planning a FO tank for your brother?

John

5. crutkas

crutkas Flamingo Tongue

both are planning on maybe a clam or two. And few corals.

I think both of us are going to get some xenias, hammers, and sun polyps. Stuff that moves and looks neat is what I want. I'm betting he'll do the same.

6. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Well, I would suggest that you should try to get your brother to start with fish only. You can then use minimal rock, and not worry so much about the Nitrates. :) Later on you could update to coral without too much pain or expense.

John