Need Xenia and Kenya tree eating animal

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by scenario1313, Aug 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

What is a fair price for you to take the rock before I nuke it.

2. Click Here!

3. scenario1313

I'll check it out but I think you went in the direction I need to be in and start this one over

4. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

This is starting to make me rethink my xenia. I bought a mini frag with some hard green hair strand algae. the xenia is growing around it. that's a scary thought!

5. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

If that is true that he has something wrong with his tank. Xenia grows and spreads even in the worst of conditions and it has nothing to do with the amount of Nutrients in the water because they are purely Photosynthetic.

Mine spread like crazy and in the tank that they are in there is one fish that gets a very small amount of food every couple of days. not nearly enough to raise the nutrient levels thats for sure, but they are under 2 150 watt MH bulbs.

Getting back to getting rid of the Kenya trees, grab them by the base and gently pull them off of what they are stuck to and toss them. It you do this for a couple of weeks believe me you can completely get rid of them all in no time.

The Xenia is harder, the best way I have found to kill it is no light for a few weeks. But since you most likely cannot do this then taking out the rock and nuking it is the only other way that I can think of.

And scenario1313 thank you for Biting your tongue, sometimes its the better thing to do, believe me my reaction to that post was the same as yours was and had I not read the whole post and seen your reaction to it I was going to say something.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tiny

Tiny Plankton

That is odd. If you are throwing them away every two months, why are you worried about a profit? Why don't you just share with people that would like them?

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

because it would require more work than chunking it into the bin. ::) Not to mention, every 2 months = sustainability for the "business"

I don't have any intention of selling this trash; you completely missed the tone of the post. What's next, someone is going to give grief for throwing away used filters because there is algae and pods living in it?

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. dees reef

dees reef Feather Duster

dint ask for your attitude and dont need it. guess um though with this site for awhile

10. scenario1313

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH Noooooooooooooooooo

1 person likes this.
  11. scenario1313

Yes it is best sometimes to bite the tongue. Thanks. Can't say to much or trouble will follow. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Oh you throw your filters away. Shame on you. LOL

I will start moving some rock to some totes and plucking what I can. Thanks for the input fellow reefers

1 person likes this.
  12. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

We will miss you..... got to love it!