Need some help

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by insanereefer420, Jan 22, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. insanereefer420

insanereefer420 Fire Worm

I'm pretty sure I know what they are. I just want to know the best way if removal. Noticed a few popping up on some rocks and one has gotten rather large. 20160122_203251.jpg 20160122_203303.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

I believe they are Nerite snail eggs. Most won't survive but some will. I have babies in my overflows, my sump and my fuge where they've been siphoned into. SCORE! for any that will survive, it means you won't have to replace as many. Congrats papa or mama!

4. insanereefer420

Negative on the snail eggs no nerites in my tank. It's a mini anemone there are about 12 across that particular rock. Man how I wish it was nerite eggs. Ive kept them before in fw tanks so I'm familiar with their eggs.

5. insanereefer420

I'll see if I can get some better pics tonight

6. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

7. Swisswiss

pretty sure its a "ball anemone"

8. Click Here!

9. insanereefer420

That's what I think it is to. The first link pulls up pics that look more like it. I don't want them irritate any coral I do decide to place in that area. As well as the other areas on that same rock that have them as well. Any ideas on removal. It's only a 25 gallon so doing to much may be detrimental. That's one really large one with some smaller ones working their way up the back of the rock.

10. Swisswiss

unfortunately I dont have any direct experience with these types of anemones, If im not mistaken though people (and rightfully so) tend to consider them as keepers as they are rather cool. again take what I tell with a pair of tonsils but if im not mistaken these types of nems are not really greedy of light and will stay in more "shaded" areas of your rock work. this in turn means that the risk of it stinging your corals is lesser. but again dont take my word for it...

DSC reef likes this.
  11. insanereefer420

Hmm wonder if that would just leave a few pieces of their foot on the rock to cause more to return in their spot. Any one have any input on this method. Would love to try a few different things out as I do have a few in there. I could post results as to what worked best.

12. insanereefer420

I have noticed that they tend to get bigger in the shadeday areas. I would leave what ever wasnt in the area of coral placement. Unless they started to cause issues. I think they are neat they are just creeping up the back of the rock work. :) gotta keep them in check.