Need some help with set up

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Piano10, Sep 10, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I am not sure how high the water leavel in the back chambers of the IM fusion is supposed to be?

Anyone have any info or a video?

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

I would assume near the top. Are there no lines inside to indicate the level?

4. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

No. Not even instructions.

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Unless you're running bio balls, it doesn't matter, as long as your skimmer performance isn't effected. I always fill AIO tanks as much as possible, more water = more stability.

6. ccardini

ccardini Bristle Worm

I have the nuvo 16 and my middle chamber is set about 1" below the neighboring compartments. As long as there is a waterfall effect you'll be fine. I have my tunze nano back there to keep it steady as the middle chamber is the only one that will change. The display and side chambers keep the same water level.

7. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

Ok. I have to get a new pump, this one is moving nothing, you can barely see any water movement.

I removed water from the back chambers as there was no cascading from the intake to the floss. Now there is but the water level in my display doesn't cover the flare nozzle.

I can't believe there is not a single video showing you how the back chambers work or the correct water level.

8. Click Here!

9. ccardini

ccardini Bristle Worm

The water level in the 4 outer chambers and the main tank will stay constant. The only chamber that the water level fluctuates is the middle chamber where the return pump is. If you have the level in the middle chamber lower it creates the waterfall effect which pulls the water down through your media or floss or watever you have in the outer chambers.

Are you using the stock pump? With the y tubing? I can't speak to that as I replaced that with two small eheim pumps for more flow. But I can't imagine the stock pump is that weak?

10. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I have the 10g so theres the intake chamber with the media basket, then the middle chamber os where I have my heater, the other outer chamber is where the pump is.

I'm replacing the pump because the stock was used and after cleaning it still isn't pushing anything.

Tmw I'm emptying the chambers and refilling.
    Hopefully I can get this right!