Need opinions on whats happening

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by SpecailEd, Jul 29, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SpecailEd

SpecailEd Astrea Snail

Ok, 5 days ago i woke up and found my Flame angel and a damsel dead :( :( :( i got the bodies out, did a big water change, cried, and checked everything, everything in the tank is fine, all the corals and polyps and inverts are doing great, today i wake up and find 2 chromis and 3 damsels are not coming to eat, and i assume the crabs got them.. so i did another water change and checked everything, still ok.. everything else still doing good... I have no idea what is going on.. i have my mated marroon clowns, a 6line wrasse, yellow tang and one chromis left now.. and i really dont want to loose them too.. my female clown kind of looks like theres a whitish area over the head and under the body, im not sure what it is.. but she eats, they all eat and swim around, my tang is a bit skiddish though now.. but everything looks ok and tests out ok.. whats happening ????? i havn't lost a fish until 6 days ago in 2 years

2. Click Here!

3. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

So this has happened mainly at night?

John

4. SpecailEd

SpecailEd Astrea Snail

yes as far as i can figure, during the day life is good, everyones eating.. nothing happened last night, but my tang is acting wierder now though..

5. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

Sounds just like what happened to me last night. Everything was great yesterday. When I woke up this morning my Mated mandarines were dead and my red sea sailfin was dead. One of my maroons is bobbing on the top and my blue tang has ich. All corals and inverts doing great and all readings check out perfect. This is what I did. Did a 5 gallon water change, discontinued Kalk, and added some carbon. I would suggest you add some carbon in case there is something in your water and do a 5 gallon water change every other day. That's all I can think of unless something's eating the fish. What kind of crabs do you have?

6. SpecailEd

SpecailEd Astrea Snail

i have some porclin crabs, blue legged hermits, emeralds, and 1 redlegged hermit, all reef safe, and been in there for the same length as the fish.. also 1 camel shrimp, and 1 banded coral

7. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

This is a long shot really, but do either of you have a grounding probe in your tank?

John

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

In addition, any more info on your setup and anything you've done differently lately would be of help. SOrry for you loss! karma to you..

10. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

Well, the maroon clown died and so did the blue tang. The only fish I have left is my small maroon. He's doing great and hasn't shown any signs of illness or stress. The most recent thing I've done is add Phos-guard, but that was a month ago. All of my fish, except the small maroon, came from an LFS and the lfs gets its fish from Sunpet. I guess I may have been sold bad quality fish. The only thing that doesn't make sense is the fact that I had the mandarine gobies for almost 8 months. All of my problems started when I purchased the sailfin tang. Specialed do you buy any of your fish from Coastline pet supply? That's where all of my fish came from.

11. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

Sorry to hear of your loss Reefman!!! Karma to you!!

12. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale