Need new return pump

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by CBSurfrider, Jun 30, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Brennen

Brennen Plankton

Yup, usefull observation ty for pointing it out? Two people with the same opinion what are the chances.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Just suggesting on actually reading the thread before just posting. There was a large debate about how unreliable the pump you stated was. You'd know that if you actually read it:rolleyes:

4. Brennen

Brennen Plankton

Alright I guess ill rephrase my opinion. If you don't have a lot of money to spend jebao might be a good quiet option for a pump. You can buy 3-4 for the price of 1 reeflo or other expensive pump. Ive used some of the newer Jebao gear and they so far have held up fine. If you want a really nice reliable return pump and price doesn't matter I would get a red dragon, these are defiantly quiet and top notch especially if its going in a tank stand and you want a quiet tank. Mid range I would look into sicci or eheim I have only heard good things. The most challenges I have herd online are mostly with inline pumps and I have read a lot of issues with various reeflo pumps with leaks and noise. inline can be a great option though if you have a dedicated sump room were more noise can be acceptable. Personally I hate noisy tanks and focus on making the display room as quiet as possible, this can be difficult if all your equipment is below the tank.

CBSurfrider likes this.