Need ID on two baby corals....?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by OoNickoC, Sep 6, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Theres other small anemones besides the bad ones (mananjo & aptasia) that are definitly ok. I've seen a small one similiar to yours with pink tips that a local reefer has kept for some time with out any outa controll population explosion. Other reefers I know are keeping a mimic ricordea that really is a mini carpet. They can grow in numbers fairly quickly, but are pretty controllable. However, I too am leaning to mananjo.

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

If mananjo, don't sump it like Craig said, it'll just breed in your sump and send the babies up top eventually :)

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Gresham they can survive the return pump?

5. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

Well either way (prob anem. or not) I already isolated the lil' guy and will post pics when it gets bigger. Im glad to of joined an active site with informative replies! The others i have posted on were quick to "lynch" the newbie....= 0! I'll keep posting on the status of the anem. as it grows.

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Oooh yaha, them suckers are tuff. You should see what I've done to them and had them survive. Roaches, aptasia, GSP and mananjo are the only things that can survive a nuclear blast and continue to multiply.

7. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

check out my photo gallery. there is 3 pics of mananjo.

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

[quote author=Gresham link=board=Coral;num=1094505939;start=0#14 date=09/08/04 at 23:24:43]Roaches, aiptasia, GSP and mananjo are the only things that can survive a nuclear blast and continue to multiply.[/quote]

I got the concept, thanx!