Need help

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by kukulkan, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kukulkan

kukulkan Astrea Snail

Hello there. I recently spotted on my purple fire fish two small apparently parasites that look like leaches, about 2 ml in size they move kind of quick in the fish body, they are clear in color. any thoughts of what could it be, are they dangerous?, I attached some pictures hope it will help to get a diagnose on this.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

parasitic copepod?

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

They do not look like cirolanids to me, they resemble a rollie-pollie for lack of a better term.

If it is not injuries sustained on the rockwork you will want to do a fresh water dip/bath and hope that works.

How To Give Fish a Freshwater Dip or Bath

And possibly treat with anti-parasitic agents. Most unfortunate.

You have not having much luck as of latetly. I hope it turns around for you.

5. kukulkan

kukulkan Astrea Snail

Thanks for help, I remember doing a fresh water dip once on a clown fish it really worked.I'll try that. Yes no luck this time , not sure if everything started since I removed my LR from the tank to scrubbed the nasty algae off and let the rock sit for a day. I did let the tank cycle after that with new live sand. it is been a month since I started , still performing WC and water still little cloudy.
    Is it possible that I don't have enough LR in there?

Attached Files:

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I like about 1.5 lbs per gallon and sometimes 2 lbs. The more lr the better the biological filter.

7. kukulkan

kukulkan Astrea Snail

Honestly, I don' have any idea how many lbs I have now, I broke all the rock in smaller pieces and then I picked the cleaner ones.

8. Click Here!

9. kukulkan

kukulkan Astrea Snail

I don't know exactly hat happened when I was about to give fresh water dip I notice those parasites weren't there anymore I looked and looked and nothing. any ideas on what happened here.