Need help with bulbs, going to buy ASAP

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by {Nano}Reefer, Dec 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

LMAO.... "When I get PERMISSION" .... I am glad I'm not the only one that needs permission from the wife...

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

im only looking to get 4 actually, i still need to get the koralia nano and thats what my budget is allowing for right now...;D

4. {Nano}Reefer

lol, im glad i have a girlfriend that enjoys the hobby as much as i do.

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Play it safe. One 12, one 14 and two actinics. That's the way I would go. It brings out the color of the corals also. The bluer the lighting.

1 person likes this.
  6. {Nano}Reefer

thanks john, i think i will trust you on this one :)

7. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I agree with John I have the UVL actinic 420 and a 12k. I have the stock Current 10k and 460nm still in my fixture. I hate 6700k because it's yellowish, and the 10k is too white, and washes out the colors. The 12k has a nice tint.. almost pinkish. I'm waiting on a 14k from the LFS to come in, so I can swap out the 10k. Get the 12k and 14k.
    I love the look of the 12k/420 vs the 10k/460.. it's more pleasing to the eye, and honestly my coral likes it better... now if they could only get that bulb in stock

8. Click Here!

9. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

I personally would get 3 aquablue +s or maybe 2 blue+ and 2actinic+ depending on how much blue you like.. Nano did you ever get to look at my tank thread? Honestly I would stick to blue+ and actinic + if I only had 4 bulbs.... UVL, even from my wholesalers never really get a good rep...

Good luck and happy reefing!!

10. ExoticFish

ExoticFish Astrea Snail

I'm running two 12k white actinics and two 18k T5's. I'm very happy with how it lights the tank.

11. {Nano}Reefer

ya i saw your tank, but i dont see what bulbs are what color temp and so on. i also screwed up on my order.......:-/ hit the wrong button and didnt notice it, anyone know if i can change my order from marinedepot? it hasnt shipped yet since its still the weekend.

12. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Yeah call them in the morn.