Need Help With Angelfish!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Heather Carver, May 22, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Heather Carver

Heather Carver Astrea Snail

Hi Everyone!
    Last night I added two new additions to my tank. A bi-color angel (which i call my minion fish) and a coral beauty. I know that they say only one angel per tank but these two angels have been in the same tank for a while and have been getting along fine. The reason for this post is that I have 2 damsels in the tank that are chasing and being territorial towards the new angels. They literally have them in the corner of the tank. This has happened in the past and the damsels usually stop after a few days. The reason I'm worried is that I know angelfish are sensible and are prone to getting ich (yes, I know that all fish carry ich and that stress brings it out). The fish are not eating yet (it's only been 24 hours) but are trying to at least swim around the tank a little at a time. Should I be worried? Please let me know. Thanks in advance :)

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

how large a system are we talking about? damsels are extremely territorial, I have one that fears nothing and will charge and nip my hand when im working in the tank..... I would monitor for the next few days, should the aggression continue try re-aquascaping your rock work, by so doing creating new territories.....

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

+1^^ I don't think that angels are more prone to ich than any other fish with tangs being very susceptible to it.

5. mr_tap_water

mr_tap_water Astrea Snail

Hi there in my experience most angelfish are quite sturdy and a lot less prone to Ich then most fish all you need to do is keep them well fed and They will hold their own but in the meantime you could try placing a small mirror on the The outside side of the tank which should keep the damsels busy and allow the angels to settle in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk