Need help with Acro

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Jason McKenzie, May 15, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Jason, FWIW, I never fragged my Bird's Nest after I damaged it with kalk and I lost the whole thing. At first the tips were fine. I am convinced I should have fragged it. Similar thing happened with my first Monti Cap. The Digitata didn't miss a beat though (that's hardy!).

I will definitely keep an eye out this round. I don't have a lot of SPS experience here, but it makes me wonder about yours.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Hey Matt. My Acro, since removing the BTA, has been going strong it has about 1" of growth on the 3 branches. I may Frag it just for esthetic's but I'm sure I'm out of the woods as it's been about a month now.

J

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Huh. That's interesting about the BTA. Do you use carbon?

5. Jason McKenzie

Ya I've been running it since the BTA was stinging the Acro. About 2 weeks then change out the carbon and it now been a total of 5 week running carbon.

6. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

Hi Jason,

I've been having a similar problem with my BTA and it stinging some corals. How were you able to remove the BTA? I'm having to rearange some corals because of the stinging but he has some pretty long tentacles. I bought him as a baby but he has really grown the last 6-8 weeks.

Did you remove the BTA completely from the tank or just to a different location?

Thanks,
    Cindy

7. Jason McKenzie

Hey Cindy, I kinda went to the extreme. I started a new 40G tank just for my Clown fish and the BTA. I have in the past been able to remove BTAs by removing the rock the BTA is on. Then in a bucket of tank water I've used an Ice cube to tickle the foot. Usually by doing this for about a 1/2 hour it will drop into the Bucket. Then you can sell it or find a better home

Jason

8. Click Here!

9. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

Thanks, if I do that it means I'll have to tear down a good bit of my tank to get to it. HIs foot is attached somewhere behind the entrance of the cavern. Hopefully I can just give away some stuff and reaarange what I have a little better.

That should be a very happy clown and BTA with a tank of their own. Nice!

Cindy