need help on retro t5ho install

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by txny13, Feb 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. txny13

txny13 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

ok iam building a canopy for my mixed 75 reef 12" tall so i want to install 6 t5ho what to i need andwhere do i find it, how did any of you install them in your canopy ,any help ? pics would be nice.thanks johnny

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

4. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

I used 3 of these from aquacave.com. They are retro-fit, but the work is already done for you. They come with ballasts, good individual reflectors, and the come already assembled.
    Ready Fit 48" Two Lamp T5 Retro Kit by Sunlight Supply - AquaCave
    I made my own light fixture with 1x1 and 1x2 poplar and those retros. the fixture slides into my canopy from the back, and then can be slid back out of the way a few inches so i can work in the tank. I did it this way so i could remove the lights from the canopy for easy maintenance and also wanted a tall canopy in case i change my lights in the future but didn't want my t5s sitting 10" off the water. You can just screw these into the top of your canopy and you will be ok depending on the height of your canopy your building. I will attach a pic of my "fixture" and canopy, but it is all unfinished right now, i still need to add trim, crown moulding, doors, and stain. First pic if the "fixture" second is the canopy showing how the "fixture" slides, and finally one of the whole canopy.

Attached Files: