Need Help-New Light Acclimation

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Astrick117, Feb 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Looking at that spectrograph makes me want to ask my LFS the age of the two bulbs they showed me when comparing the KZ and ATI purple bulbs.. I should have seen that big of a difference.

2. Click Here!

3. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

No worries, but yea I figured I should probably take it easy with the new bulbs regardless.

Lol I wish the Purple Plus was the same- I cringed when I saw the cost of the KZ and realized that I was paying almost double the price of the ATI. I have to say I have seen a ton of tanks with the 2 Aquablue, 1 blue+, 1 fiji purple and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the look of them!

4. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Yea you would think. Did they show you it over a tank and did they have any corals or fish that had strong red, blue, or purple coloring?

5. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Come to think if it... It was just a holding tank with some lr and a few yellow tangs

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Oh sweet you got a Light then! Sounds like you got a good plan of action for acclimation too! I loved my sundial, guess ill be putting up both my 48 and my 36 for sale then!

7. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Yea I found one for $125 local- I meant to shoot you a note. I'm sure you won't have any problems selling yours. You had a great price, timing just wasn't optimal.