Discussion in 'Diseases' started by paintball7, Mar 4, 2008.
Join 3reef now to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.
what's the latest?
I'm Sorry, I apologize! I took a good look at your pic. I'd say let go of that skimmer and get a better one and what kind of filter do you use? and Less feeding!
i am using one emporer 400 i was running 2 but it wont fit with the skimmer.......when i had to i had no problem with any parameters, but now i do. i was kinda of thinking that, that could have been the issue but wasnt sure.
ill post some pics of my corals under the moonlights the frogspwn kinda looks like it needs help but i havent seen it under moon lights yet because i havent ever been home to look at it
/Users/ed/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2008/Mar 4, 2008_2/IMG_0038.JPG
idk what picture is better but heres two of my frogspawn....as you can see the head in the back is completly in..... and i dont really ever remember it doing that before.
/Users/ed/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2008/Mar 4, 2008_4/IMG_0039.JPG
let me know iff the pictures came out!!!!!!!!!! this thing is bogus and not working !!!!!!!
OK, yes, either fit the 2nd emperor onto a sump or another side of the tank and put a skimmer on. That will help take a lot of the bad stuff out of your water.
1. How often do you change the filters?
2. Do you wash the bio wheel when you are cleaning it?(DON'T)
3. How often do you clean your filter(the whole thing except bio-wheels)?
4. What kind of water do you use?(changes and top off's)
5. What are your lights?
6. How long are they on during the day?
There are so many questions and so many things to look at. Read everything you can about your tank. Read, Read, Read. Know what the requirements are before you buy something and know what you want to buy before you go to the store or where ever you decide to buy it... Drsfostersmith.com is a great place to learn about each fish and coral and everything else you intend to keep. Hope this helps! About the Frogspawn, I think it's not liking the water changes or the Nitrates...
- i change my filters everywater change once a week
- NEVER clean the biowheel
- havent cleaned the whole thing (geussing i should)
- i use water from the faucet/shower (i make sure no soaps or anything get in there)
- lighting Outer Orbit HQI/T5HO = 2-250w 10,000k HQI powerpaq lamps, 2-54w 460nm Actinic slimpaq T5HO, 2-54w 420nm Actinic slimpaq T5HO, 9 moon white, and 9 blue LED lunar lights ( no more then 6 to 7 hours a day )
Do you think i should mover the frogspawn to my other tank for a couple of days??? the only thing is the light isnt strong in there its a 65w coralife........reason being theres no corals in there
hmmm not much else I can think about to aks....
hmmm not much else I can think about to ask....
I think its great that you do weekly WC's but the source of the water is questionable. I would never use tap water. 2nd you should clean out your bio wheel at least twice a month.
Separate names with a comma.