Need a new skimmer! Help!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by kcbrad, Aug 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Some of you might remember the post I made a bit ago about my skimmer's impeller dying, and how I had a new one coming. Well, I paid $40ish for a new one, they forgot to send it out.....I had to wait forever, and cyano took over my tank. ::)

Anyways, I had the new impeller in use for a few weeks, and it DIED last night!!!!

This skimmer has only lasted a year and a half. I'm very unhappy about that. This was not a cheap skimmer!

So, I want to buy a new skimmer. Please give suggestions! I'd like one that works great, is good quality, fairly quiet, not too huge....

Thanks!!! :)

2. Click Here!

3. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

i have a precision marine rl200 i can sell you... PM me if your interested..

4. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Thanks. I'll do some research on that model!

7. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

I would stick with reef octopus. I love mine, and I think they're some of the best skimmers going.

8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Realllly don't want another Reef Octopus. I haven't liked mine from day one, and this not working thing is really a deal breaker. ;)

10. kracer1025

kracer1025 Skunk Shrimp

I just recently got the atb elegance 200 and could not be happier. The price is a bit high but thus is by far the best skimmer I have ever owned. It's super quiet and just keeps skimming.

1 person likes this.
  11. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

1 person likes this.
  12. BayTib13

BayTib13 Plankton

I would look into Eshopps skimmers. I'm running a psk 100-H that I got. Besides the first impeller cracking in half within 2 days of running it, It's been running rather quiet and doing excellent on producing skimmate.

The first impeller broke, I emailed Eshopps and even though I hadn't filled out the warrantee and stuff, they sent me a brand new impeller free of charge, no shipping cost, and it got here within 3 days of it going out.

Overall, they seem to have good customer service and good equipment, just sometimes things happen.

1 person likes this.