Nature's Ocean Nutri-Seawater

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 12, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

LIVE seawater is now being packaged for sale!!

[​IMG]

More Info:
    http://www.naturesocean.com/nutri_seawater.htm

Soooo,,, who is going to try it first?

[smiley=wink3.gif] [smiley=yaknow.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I think I saw this at Petco one day but it was boxed up.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I'm guessin' it's not cheap.

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

?????? How do they keep all the planktonic stuff alive or do they filter that out?

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Craig_Manoukian link=board=Product;num=1079133731;start=0#3 date=03/12/04 at 18:12:31]??????  How do they keep all the planktonic stuff alive or do they filter that out?[/quote]

Why QX-23 of course! :D

7. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

8. Click Here!

9. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Have got to say I use natural sea water in my system and tank critters seem to love it. (getting from local Aquarium) - have been using almost exclusively since tank startup.

Only problem is I have to keep eye on its salinity - usually 1.021 - 1.022. Colder PNW waters hold less salt :huh: or is it all our rain - really don't know. - but I adjust it with my topoff water & works out just fine.

As it is cheap and easy to get, I do a 10%+ water change weekly - easy to pick up a months supply on trips to the "big city" - Seattle. Another "excuse" to make PSAS meetings. ;)

But here is what is weird - few people seem to take advantage of this - they always site benefits of mixing own and knowing exactly what is in it. (do they really?)

My arguement back is that the Seattle Aquarium is run by some very professional people and they are using this water for fish that are worth a fortune. What is good enough for them is good enough for me.

Just seems like filtered, uv treated natural water has to be as good as, if not better then "self-mixed."

Sure would like some "mojoreef" advice on this. :-/

OmarD

10. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Ok...am sticking with "NSW" (hey, new acronym, for me anyway, "Natural Sea Water") :-/

(note: would take "ratings" below with "grain of salt" - :p - no telling which "brand" may have been involved in "report")

See:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A good marine salt is the first and most essential requirement
    for a successful marine fish or reef aquarium.

The majority of marine life sold to hobbyists does not survive to its full genetic life expectancy.

It is a fact that most amateur marine aquarium hobbyists believe it is hard to maintain a healthy saltwater aquarium. Why does this negative belief persist?

In reality, it is not difficult to keep and enjoy a healthy marine fish or reef aquarium. All you need is the proper information, products, and a little effort.

If you place your pets in a marginal environment, they live marginal lives. The composition of your saltwater is the single most important component of your marine fish or reef aquarium.

Nothing -lights, filters, foods, ozone, skimmers, supplements, controllers, etc. - can remedy bad saltwater.

A good marine salt should incorporate many essential factors to be considered acceptable for keeping a variety of delicate exotic marine life in captivity for extended periods.

http://www.aquacraft.net/s9910.html

FWIW

OmarD

[​IMG]

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

:-[ - - Forget all of above...looked back in pages a bit & of course guy was selling "Bio Sea"

Has some good points anyway...

Sorry,

Omard :p

12. JOER0178

JOER0178 Peppermint Shrimp

i saw that at my LFS it was 12 bucks