Natural Wave?????

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Iceman30, Jan 20, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Iceman30

Iceman30 Astrea Snail

Has anyone used one of these? I used to have a WaveMaster Pro that gave me some problems. I am looking at the Tsunami, don't know if that is spelled right or the Natural wave, wave makers, Natural Wave is 1/2 the price of the others..any input would be great.

THANKS,

AND GREAT SITE !!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Is this what you are talking about?
    [​IMG]

Matt was testing another unit like this one and I think it was cheaper and had timer settings.

Matt chime in on this one!

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Iceman I gave ya Karma as I hate seeing the 0

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Naut you are thinking about the Coralife PowerCenter I bought which is really made for lights because the switch won't go shorter than 15 minutes.

All I know from experience with timers for pumps is that you should make sure it has 'soft-start' so you don't hear the pumps 'click' on and off. That used to drive me nuts. ANd think about the fish! :eek:

6. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

I heard rumor that the wavemakers don't shut down the powerheads completely anymore too many startup noise complaints the wave maker just dims down the power sort of like a riostat. Again this is unconfirmed rumor so if anyone has better intell lets hear ya!

7. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

8. Click Here!

9. Wolffvet

Wolffvet Astrea Snail

I used one with three hagen 802 powerheads and I could never hear them kicking on and off unless they needed to be cleaned. The Natural Wave has three regular outlets and three timed outlets of various durations. If I remember two of three timed ones are the same duration and the third one is longer. There is also an adjustment knob to set how fast it switches. For the price you can't beat it.

10. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

is the Natural wave better than the wave master pro. what's the smallest interval that the timer goes to. Should I buy one or wait to buy a wavemaster pro.

11. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

i heard that the natural wave is a good wave timer and it's cheaper. Is this correct.