"Natural" Sand...

Discussion in 'Sand' started by omard, Jan 8, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Yah I bet you all in WA and those in OR hate us Cal-invadorians.  I worked a job in Eugene and the general consensus there is pretty anti CA.  No hard feeling though, I know how it feels to have your favorite spots built up by some transplant yuppy and complete communities turned upside down for developement.  Its a wit be cold for me up there in winter though.  I like the average temps we get around here most the time.

I don't envy anyone in retail, dang, wholesale is hard enough.  I worked at an LFS for several years running their marine department.  Talk about re-hell.  I loved helping people set-ip their tanks and watch them grow thru the defferent levels of the hobby.  I just hated having to sell items to people I knew didn 't have a tank capable of caring for the livestock and advised against purchasing it.  In the long rung I could only give advise, if they wanted it, I  had to sell it to them according to the management.

If you ever want to do a local tank, find tidepools that are farely high up and go for those animals.  They're the hardiest of the bunch as far as taking tamp changes and salinity changes.  I had a friend running a 3 tear local tank.  Big open water tank (180g- huge at that age) dropped into a tidal area and finally into a very open tidal area that was used as a touch tank.  He ran this for his middle school (k-8) for some time.  They'd let him leave school weekly for water and critters and he had a period with the tank daily.