Nano Rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Bruce, Jun 16, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I would think if you are just curing rock, that as long as you have good circulation, and do, say 50% water changes, every other day or so...you should be OK.

Are you curing it in the tank or in a container? You could cure it in the tank, do it barebottom and siphon the bottom with every water change. Then you could add the sand later if you like. ;D Just an idea.

Oh, and if it is a JBJ nanocube, make sure to check inside of each rounded section and at the top rim especially , for cracks. There has been issues with some with the glass cracking. ::)

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

well im i havent really decided...if i cured it before i would save time, i would have it cured before i got the tank. it that way i could go straight to the cycle

4. corebond

corebond Astrea Snail

Have you looked at Dr. Foster and Smith's website. They sell rock specifically for nanos. It comes in smaller pieces.

Also, you should look at reeftuners.com for information on bulkheads in a nano.

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Well...sadly i did not get the beta test tank...because they got recalled due to cracking...sad...but i might be donating my 12 gal dead tank to my school and upgrading it...this is a big maybe because i am really not sure...

This is just an update