Nano fish on large Tank?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Reef4life, Aug 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef4life

Reef4life Feather Duster

Hey Guys so I was wondering has anybody though of filling up your big tank say your 125 Gal tank with all nano fish? What do you guys think of that idea? Pros and Cons? Stocking list? I bet we can pretty much pack a lot of guys in that sort of tank being it will all be nano fish>?

It was just a thought ... trying to get a feel for the idea

2. Click Here!

3. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

I have some small fish in my 210 but not all small fish.it may be cool seeing clans of gobies and blennies lol

4. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

I would offer that as long as you are keeping then with the same principles: proper stocking rate, proper stocking density, choosing compatible members, adding most territorial/aggressive fish last, good maintenance practices, and proper feeding - then I would say that would be a really cool theme tank!

5. Reef4life

Reef4life Feather Duster

Thanks guys, I just thought of the Theme Tank idea to be cool, you could have school of fish, and I would stick with proper stocking but I was thinking that the amount of stocking can increase dramatically ;) so if you think about it you will have a reef tank full of nano fish darting in and out... I dont know it seemed cool

6. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

I like the idea a lot . . . .there is a lot you can do with firefish, blennies, gobies, cardinals, etc.

7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

I often thought of that, myself- just think it would be cool to have a couple schools of smaller fish in a large tank. Certainly no reason why it cant be done if that's what you want. :)

8. Click Here!

9. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Cool idea I was thinking about too, except for the all nano fish.
    I want a few big showy fish and a bunch of smaller and some of something small that schools.

10. Katie Grant

Katie Grant Aiptasia Anemone

Do it and show pics!! :)

11. Reef4life

Reef4life Feather Duster

I am still researching it, I am trying to come up with a stocking list, species and number of fish per species. ;)

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I love the idea..been thinking about doing this for a while now. I just never had a big enough tank to do it! :D

After college I am thinking about a 270g shallow reef - 6' x 4' x 2', rimless. All nano fish.