Nano Cube Corals

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Bruce, Nov 16, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

Yup, the third gen (as he stated it was) is that size...as are the previous 2 models. A fourth and fifth just came out, a 24 gallon model! woo hoo!

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

You will need approximately 41 pounds of sand to achieve a 4 inch depth in a 14 x 14 inch tank assuming the sand weighs 90 pounds per cubic foot.

4. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

TEPOZ_AZTLAN Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

THANK'S CRAIG AND SeA_SpleNdEr ,you guy's are aw some. lacy rock is the first time heard of it does it go with another name? if i can't find it what Will be a good replacement for it, what you mean with the term 2 fish, you mean total in tank? how about the fish (space) rule.
    can i mix ls with regular argonite?.
    once again thank's and i hope you don't mind if i keep asking questions it's just the way i am . it is the only way you learn right. by the way i seen the 24 gal nano (chido) "cool"
    latter

5. OoNickoC

Lacy rock is a term I (and many others use) for LR that is laden with holes and spaces over the entire rock. I would get your rock from a dealer you can visit physically as you dont need very much rock (shipping makes ordering LR online feesable if you order alot). As for the fish space rule....i rewrite them as i see fit.. ;)..J/K(kind of). With a DSB (as craig listed) and about 8-15 lbs of lr, you should be able to permenantly house 2 small fish (2 clowns, a clown and a goby, a clown and dartfish/firefish, firefish and a gramma, a gramma and a clown...ect.) or three tiny ones....it depends on the fishes aggresion level, size, how much it eats, what you feed it, how much you feed it, its perferred swimming area (top,mid,bottom),and your knowledge of thier behavoir in small enviorments. If you would like to house corals/inverts i would strongly recomend one fish no bigger than 3.5", to maintain water quality and consistency. But if you want jut fishs and some shrooms/zoo polyps then you can push it with the fish space rule....especially if you get lots of LR and LS...as the cubes come with more mechanical filtration power than a fluval 304 canister filter! Ive spent several years with nano tanks and boy they have come along way. Wow, sry 4 sch a lng pst.... ;D

6. OoNickoC

Also, yes you can mix aragonite with LS....

7. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

Thank's for the info man, yeah i'm definetly going shopping for lr this week, also I want some shrooms and polyps like you sugest, and a clean up crew of inv's
    i think they play a role in the habitat and some fish they are just decorations still nice don't get me wrong , how many inv's have you house in your nano's. thank's again
    latter

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Make sure your LR and tank has cycled before adding any livestock, ie. polyps, snails, crabs.

10. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

yeah i know about the cycling period, talking about cycling, my brother in law just set a nano tank too and it's been about 2 mo. since he started it i assume cycling
    should be completed, but i notice lots of algae firts it was green and now there is some red algae too, is that part of the cycling or you need a clean up crew, or less hours of light.
    Thank's Craig please keep me posted you are been very helpful

11. Craig Manoukian

Green algea, brown diatoms, and red cyanobacteria are all part of the cycling process. It will take up to a year or more for the full maturation to take place.

12. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

Hello, my 12 gal DX filter don't know if it's working properly, i don't see any material getting sucked in like in another type of filters i have a 29 gal fresh water tank and millenium filter and i can see organic material, debris getting sucked in filter, there is a lot of material floating on top, water is clear tho, is this normal on this type of filter?

thank's for support.