My Valydia, Update- Doing awesome, new pic today 1/25/14

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Todd_Sails, Oct 30, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Thanks cheerleader!

Thanks, always trying to stay on it.

Thanks, Great Suggestion.

Yes, I have many days of again now and would like to try and get a small group over again soon! Great idea Matt!

Mine seem to be doing well again- thank goodness.
    I hope you get your under control/reeling in again soon too.

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Todays Pic!
    I had trimmed off what I could, have 2 new frags from it also doing OK.
    The necrosis seems to have stopped, and it's starting to fill in again!

[​IMG]

My Stylophora also had some white spots, now also doing better

[​IMG]

And, I'd thought I would throw in a pic of my Ponape BN

[​IMG]

I never really figured out what had happened though.
    It must have been a Phos, and/or Nitrate level- that was not detected on the not so low level accurate API kits.

I'm letting my Chaeto grow back major, and will quit giving it away/trading it to the LFS so much. I think taking out too much of it at once may have been a big part of the problem. I always had some, but once I removed about 3/4 of the total mass. Perhaps that disrupted the Space-time continuum, (balance), and was too much, too quick. NOw I'll make sure I still have lots- that's what the DT/system is used to.

4. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Oh man.. glad to see. mine still arent doing well. I had to do some serious dipping and hacking. mine would just going up like dry timber in a fire. im clueless.....

tested last night. Ca was right at the top of the scale on my salifert. alk was 7.7. mag was topped out too. Nitrates were 25-30, phosphate was .10

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

The corals look great Todd! You did a nice job trimming them up and glad to hear that you seemed to have thwarted whatever was going on. It is interesting how all parts of the system seem to interact and get used to things being as you said, in balance. Once that is interrupted, the tank really does let us know something is up.

I think you need to hold onto that cheato. You're going to want to have lots for your 180!

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Hang in there,
    I recently lost a Beautiful, full, large (bigger than a sofball) Green Poci. It really hurts.
    IMO, the nitrates seem high, I dunno

Thanks, Trying to keep it stable.

Steady as she goes.... (old school sailing phrase)

7. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Yea. Getting g white tips on just about all my acropora.

8. Click Here!

9. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

so today I was observing my tank and noticed that one of my acros that have been growing out fairly fast is starting to STN from the middle of one of the branches....I immediately tested the 3 majors and my alk was 7.8 and cal was high at the 500 range! Mag was 1480 and PH 8.0-8.2. Only new thing I did to the tank was add that jebao wp25 on it and this acro plug is the first point of contact for the powerhead. you think it might be too much flow? Sorry to hijack the thread but figured this was a good place to put it since you had an unexplainable STN as well in hopes to consolidate information for someone that might suffer the same.

10. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Yup.

11. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

ordered second wp25 to replace mj1200 and will dial them down a bit. Maybe Todd can come up with a spinning nozzle for these nice Tunze knock offs. really great powerheads.

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I've had to also make sure some my my 'guys' weren't in too direct line of flow as well.

My 'guys' are doing well again, yesterday I changed up my flow some again too as well.