My torch beat up my hammer.

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Greg9MM, Sep 9, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Some lps can be around other lps. LPS is a very large subset of corals that many can live together nicely. The first example I can think of is an acan garden. They can all hang out shoulder to shoulder and be one big happy family. Try to surround a hollywood stunner with acans and well, you'll wake up to a bunch of acan skeletons...

When buying any coral, one of the first things needed to know is how it feeds. I got a hollywood stunner chalice a while back and it grew so big, I had no room but to frag it and sell it. It was killing everything, I mean just dominating.
    LPS tanks IMO can be just as/IF not more difficult than an sps tank. I know of a certain individual on here that has a 300 gallon tank with one of the best acan gardens I've ever seen. This would be the closest to a (gorgeous) LPS dominant tank that I've ever saw. **cough cough @barbianj cough cough**
    And the acans aren't the only LPS in this tank.

Maybe he has a link to his latest pictures.

2. Click Here!

3. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Nice shot of the euphyllias! I need to get some more now.

4. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Pretty gold torch! I love those. I sadly dont have room for a torch. I have one right now but I'm just waiting for the sweepers to develop and then I'll have to sell him. It's crazy, I see tank of the month pictures with all sorts of corals packed on top of each other and then I hear lots of stories were the corals are killing each other off. I have never let corals touch but I have a feeling if I did I would have some casualties.