My tank went two weeks with no power out. what to expect?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by banthonyb71, Sep 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Ok guys I have not been on 3reef in a little minute because of a huge huge personal horror story that happened this summer. Needless to say I was real depressed and didnt want to do anything. While this was going on my electricity was shut off (due to the personal reasons) The tank had no water changes and only a battery operated air pump. after 3 days with nothing else I eventually got a generator to run lights, filter,powerheads. but I could only run the generator 4 or 5 hours here and there somtimes less somtimes not at all. This went on for about two weeks until I got power back on and I immediatly did a 20% water change. I didnt notice anything other than most of my corals had further polyp extension and most where much larger than there normal size during this period. Acans looked close to death other than that no casualties that I know of. anything else to do or expect?

2. Click Here!

3. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Sounds to me like you were fortune to have not lost more.

First, sorry for the challenges you are facing.

Second, where to go next would be a question of your water parameters. I would probably do a few water changes of the coming weeks.

M