My tank at 2 months.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by BillyD, Aug 7, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BillyD

BillyD Feather Duster

First off i would like to tank everyone here for all the very informative posts and help. I've just recently started in the hobby and have been doing it for about 2 and a half months. I have 2 55 gal tanks and they are doing very well thanks to all you folks here that have given such good information as to how to start out and what to look for and when things start to go bad....how to fix them. Maybe im just lucky, but i havent had near the stress that i have read some have had starting out. and i think its due to reading here and patience.

Again my tank is only 2 months old. and its still growing. I have found that i much more enjoy buying young livestock and small coral frags and letting them grow in my tank rather than buying the end product, so my fish are young. and i dont have much vid of the corals yet. (still deciding what to put in there, i know i want a brain and xenia, just not sure what else..)

But anyhow. i hope you enjoy the video, and as my tank progresses. i will have more.

Ohh, first half is nice colorful fish, second half is my aggressive tank. lions and such.

here ya go.

YouTube - Saltwater Tank Video

2. Click Here!

3. Twan013

Twan013 Skunk Shrimp

wow, recently started the hobby, and you have TWO tanks?? already an addict! welcome to the club! i only have one 55, but i still consider my self addicted... you must have good income! definately a good word of advice that you have... learn as much as you can before you even start, so you have fewer disruptions... i'm with you 100% on buying young, juvenile livestock.. i personally believe you get more self-appreciation when you see something grow up, all thanks to your own determination...

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

5. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

6. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

nice!! what kind of filtration/lights are you using?

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Dang bossman blocks You Tube on the work computers :( I'll check it out from home later :)

10. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

tank looking good !!!

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Billy,

Very nice looking tank for just 2 mos! Also very well done video.

Keep an eye on those water params, that is a pretty heavy bio-load for such a young tank.

Nothing you can't stay ahead of if you keep a close eye on them and keep up regular water exchanges.

Good job!

12. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor