My sump/fuge/equipment closet build.

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Powerman, Feb 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

So I was waiting for my new Bullet, and I fell into a lightly used Bubble King Mini 160. He was selling a Tunze osmolator. So I got both set up. My BRS 2 part is on the way. I was going to get some dosing pumps but they are out. Automating my 2 part is next, then I'll be golden.

[​IMG]

My calerpa is growing. I don't really see any pods yet. Been nearly a month. Few bubbles from the sand.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Just thought I would update since I'm done and I never did a tank build thread.

I added my BRS carbon reactor to my sump. You can also see in the pic a plexi partition next to my skimmer. It makes sure my skimmer is fed raw water. When it out flows it goes through the carbon and exits on the other side of the skimmer nice and clean with minimal recirc.

[​IMG]

I had some grape caulerpa die off so I got a brighter light. Mine was only 16w. This one is 26w and I got it at Lowes. HD did not have any. It is a par38 bulb.

[​IMG]

I realize plenty of people have caulerpa, and never had a problem, but honestly, I got scared. Changed to Cheato. My fuge is at 8 weeks and has plenty of pods and worms. I even see baby snails which I never see in my tank. I light 24 hours, but will probably go to 18hrs. I can almost watch this stuff grow.

[​IMG]

Finally, I policed all my electrical for good. I got my AC Jr. and DCs. So I mounted them up and took care of all my cords. Got my ATO, and just today got my dosing pumps from BRS. Got my two part all hooked up and entered into my AC Jr. So chems are now on auto. The closet is done.

[​IMG]

4. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

Looks good. I wish I had space like your closet for my build. It is getting really tight under my tank.

5. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

The wife thinks I'm nuts, but honestly, I love it. And besides, she thought I was nuts before the closet;D

6. jihar08

jihar08 Plankton