Urgent my Squareback Anthias lost his tail

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by benchen8844, Dec 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Yea that's pretty big. I say there is some aggression going on you don't know about.

2. Click Here!

3. benchen8844

benchen8844 Plankton

most fish i got from tiny,purple tang ,sailfing tang, 2 yellow tang is almost 5-6 inch now,never see seriously fighting,saw Banded Coral Shrimp attace fish few times

4. hydrojeff

hydrojeff Montipora Capricornis

thats to bad about your fish, my clown lost about 1/4 of his tail about a month ago and now fully grown back hope yours does too. btw can we see some pics of your setup?

5. benchen8844

benchen8844 Plankton

265 gallons display, 2 6205 tunza, 2 danner 180 return pump,ReeFlo Orca PRO 2 skimmer,3 400w metal halide

Attached Files:

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i had a mystery wrasse in my tank, and it went after the anthias. ripped a piece of the ones tail off. i seen it do it. do you have a sump you can put one fish or the other in? till you see if this is whats going on? mystery wrasses can get aggressive, as i seen. i tore my tank apart to get it out. since it was also going after other fish in the tank, it was a beautiful fish and i hated to part with it. but it went to the fish store. with hopes it would find a good home. i always thought it was just my tank was to small for the mystery wrasse aggression wise. but who knows? maybe another has a mystery wrasse and anthias together that can chime in.

7. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

looks like it was attacked IMO... side note crazy sump setup! :)

8. Click Here!

9. benchen8844

benchen8844 Plankton

thank you pink4miss,its almost impossible to catch the wrasse,i have 300 pounds rock, took me 6 hours to catch 4 angel fish few month ago with two of my friends. he looks ok this morning, lost half of the tail and some fin, he came out to eat and stay out, but looks funny,

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      394.1 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      406.9 KB
      Views:
  10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

IMO, the clowns are the most aggressive of the group you mentioned. Maybe the wrasse could be trying to set her turf straight, but it sounds to me like the clowns are the more likely to be thugs.

Have you seen them act funny lately? Maybe they want to get it on and they're trying to get some privacy :p

EDIT: Also forgot to ask you, what type of clowns are they?

11. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

Sorry to hear about your fish. Looks like you have a beautiful tank! You should post more fts.

12. benchen8844

benchen8844 Plankton

he was eating and swimming out foo few hours yestday like normal, looks funny but ok,my tank looks beatiful, test the water, good,temp 77, a little low,last night he was hiding same spot again, breath fast,now he is still there, not good, i still dont know what cause the problem

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      396.4 KB
      Views:
    1 person likes this.