My Squamosa Clam

Discussion in 'Clams' started by 71sbeetle, Aug 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

I'd love a clam that size. Would you sell it for $100 USD delivered to Virginia? You could make a holiday of it.

2. Click Here!

3. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

My holidays are half over and the remainder is booked for time at my cottage in North Bay, the opposite direction to where you are.
    Why would I spend more than I would get in order to sell the clam. I would be better off giving it to LFS for nothing.
    You come here and I'll sell it to you for $200 Canadian funds.
    (I don't know how you'll get it across the border though without the proper paperwork)

4. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

I figured it was worth a try, you know "nothing ventured, nothing gained"

I just saw a lot of folks from ON in Myrtle Beach, SC. That has got to be one heck of a drive but it is a pretty beach.

5. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

200 canadian funds....... .75 cents??????? jk jk jk. I had a bus driver when I was up in bc make a joke of that nature.

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

btw my gigas was 1.5 inches when I got him and now nearly 5. I've had him for around 6 months

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

You could easily ship that large squamosa.

I will have plenty of room in my new tank. :)

To the OP, that is a beautiful squammie.

8. Click Here!

9. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

Hell, I can't even get brine shrimp cysts overnighted from BSD as it takes about 10 days most times including the customs agents opening the packaging. Ocassionally I can get it in 5 days, but that is rare now. Since 9/11 shipping times from US to Canada have gone to pot so that I've had to stop buying products like cryopaste because it's spoiled by the time I get it.
    How would a clam make it across the boarder, especially without proper paper work?