My "ride"

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by omard, Jun 1, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Reef_guru:
    My first was a 85 Iron head, last year for the shovel on a sportie. I owned a 98 Anniversary Wide Glide, 2000 Road King and now my 01 FLHTCUI that has 96 ft lbs at the rear wheel with a 6 speed. Passes everything but a gas station...lol

2. Click Here!

3. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

How many MPG in that thing??

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Matters if I want to hear it cackle or not. About 125 mile I had better be looking for another gas station. Only has a 5 gal tank.

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Got marked on Calendar...;)

Pacific Northwest Run "08"

The 2008 Washington State H.O.G. Traveling Rally Wenatchee/Silverdale June 26-28, 2008

Washington State H.O.G. is celebrating its 15th annual state rally with a three day, two city, traveling event. A family reunion style atmosphere will abide when hundreds of H.O.G. riders reunite and ride through some of Washington State's most scenic river valleys, breathtaking mountain passes, and beautiful views of Puget Sound shorelines.

6. spiralout

spiralout Astrea Snail

i just recently smashed my ride against a safety barrier. Thank goodness for our maintenance truck! Eight hours from now on! :-/

spiral

7. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

my ride

[​IMG]

his and my ride......

[​IMG]

anyone wanna buy a bike? I can walk to work and it sits in my garage.

8. Click Here!

9. railroader46

railroader46 Skunk Shrimp

o4 Chevrolet colorado I-5 here

10. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    little over a year ago i traded in my dodge dakota rt 5.9 liter v8 for a 07 chevy silverado 6cylinder, because the dodge cost me about 60$ a week, now the chevy {wich is way better on gas} costs me 70$ a week- my motto-can't win don't try

ps. i really feel that the reason gas costs so much more is actually BECAUSE cars are so much more fuel efficient,these oil companies aren't going to settle for less income,and "supply and demand" is total b.s. when one group has total control over the supply...i don't even want to get started on how ridiculous the idea of an oil shortage is on a planet built entirely of carbon.

11. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

my hubby says it's gonna be like the housing thing. Prices rose till the market couldn't afford it anymore then the bottom dropped out and prices are comming down. It's a market adjustment(I said that ;D)

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

What has made gas and all fuel cost rise is back when I wasa Kid Amoco white 102 Octane was 31ct a gal in the late 60's when real Muscle prowled the roads . I'd pull is into Harry's Amoco or Johns Texaco or Bobby's Sunco and on and on and they where all in competition with each other then you had Gas wars . I've seen one try to dive the other out of business and seem them take gas to 6ct a gal . And even at 6Ct a gal they pumped it washed the windows checked the tires and added air look at the oil and Coolant /water levels.
    Then the so called fuel shortage of the early 70's hit and the Amoco and Texaco and BP all of them started to dive the cost to the independents up and put them all out of the business and turned the corner Gas station is to a damn Mini Supermarket and they totally took over the fuel from well pump to gas pump they dictate it all the way to your car and the idiots in Washington worried about Ma Bell being a Monopoly and busted up the only fair Large corporation in the U.S until it was so scattered under different names who knew what they where calling on ?
    But that's is whats happened to fuel They have it own it control it and you pay it or walk..No competitions anymore.. Like Dr's and Lawyers they have a fee they all charge . Let Let the PHCCEC try that and their would be all over them Plumbing heating Cooling Electrical Contractors association try that !
    There is more oil in the lines now then 10 yrs ago and the same thing holds true for the big one in the 70's