My reef is dying

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by neptune7, Dec 8, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

I agree with Matt light plays a huge part with wrong spectrum. Also feeding anything new especially liquids? How are any sponge filtes you have clean and not clogged? Flow can also be an attribute that causes this. What else may have occured in the home recently? Things like painting a room, cleaning carpets, burnt food or God forbid bug bombs/exterminator can be hidden dangers. By the way how old is the test set? Brown algae seems to lead to nitrate issues in my experience (disclaimer this is my opinion and facts are that I have seen it alot) Any way holler back so we can help

2. Click Here!

3. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Pierre,

Just another tip, get yourself a cheap toothbrush and start to scrub the rocks where you can and make sure that you keep cleaning the cannister filter. In some cases the algae may actually be 'dead' but will stay adhered to the rocks unless you give it a hand.

John

4. OldandNew

OldandNew Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

If you are using tap water for your water supply, you local municipality may have changed or modified its sources of water.

Cheers,
    Ray