My RapidLED build (FTS Color Blended pg6)

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Atticus818, Aug 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

If I'm wanting more diversity for my color schemes lets say for the evening or night time, should I invest in another driver for the other colors you've recommended? I really like the light choices you've given and plan to make the order hopefully next week after financial aid arrives! So excited no more replacement bulbs!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Well, you could get another driver but remember you should have 8-12 LEDs per driver. So if you break it up to meet that then have at it.:p

4. Ashevillian

I'm thinking about ordering 8 RB, 2 Blue, 8 CW, 2 NW. That will be the 20 for the kit, however I run 3 UV's on my tank that I want to incorporate. You're saying 8-12 LEDs per driver, @ 8x per driver, I'm one short. Also I need to figure out if I can even fit my UV's in the biocube lid once the LED's are installed, from videos it looks like there is a lot of room left over. Maybe I could squeeze in my 3 UV's and 1 more color of what choice? I dont know, preferably something that has the best PAR readings for the photosynthetic lifeforms that are in our tanks.

If I could do this my way, I'd have everything listed above along with my UV's all connected to a dim controller. Just not sure how much I can mod the DIY kit

5. Ashevillian

So you had to sell this LED build??? :-( Hope you got your ASAP situation taken care of

6. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Yup unfortunately. Sometimes life comes out swinging, and those times seriously suck. LOL