My RapidLED build (FTS Color Blended pg6)

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Atticus818, Aug 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

I totally agree with FOD and Evolved on their posts. I'd like to point out I have seen a few AI Sols with browning and without. So I mean it might not even be the LEDs doing the browning. Could be the dosing regimen of the tank owner, placement of the coral, feeding of coral, etc..... I think too many people jump to the conclusion of LEDs browning coral out. Just keep your params good Atticus and nutrients down and think your coral will thrive my friend.

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I'm not saying LEDs are bad. I like LEDs and know they work. I've seen them work. But something about crees...I haven't really noticed lack of zoox color under other types of LED. :-/

4. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

FOD Which UV's did you go with? And where did you find them for sale?

5. Atticus818

I have seen browning under almost all fixutres, cree or not, BUT never a DIY. So it could have been a whole number of factors here. Dosing, build quality/quantity. We have a LFS that runs 3 AI Sol Blues over a 90 corner tank and the stuff looks great, but they said it really can't grow much long term, and that they much preferred the Sunbrite LED fixtures.

So well see....

6. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

7. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I got them off ebay. Now, there are multiple companies selling them outside of ebay.

Cree has told me they will not produce a UV diode.

8. Click Here!

9. Atticus818

Sweet thanks. I am gonna look into adding those in, as I already need to add a few more down the center, as I am not getting enough spread with the size sinks I used. You running em off of a meanwell just as the rest? I saw most were like 750mA max, so I figured I could run em with the 6 extra blues I was gonna throw in the middle off the same driver and just drive it all at 750mA.

10. Atticus818

I think you'll be set with either. They are both great options. Each has their pros and cons. You just need to figure out what is most important to you and proceed from there.

11. tattooedsoul87

tattooedsoul87 Coral Banded Shrimp

Just curiouse, do you remember what color you used to paint your background?

12. Atticus818

Yes. Krylon fusion patriotic blue 5 coats.