My Rapid LED step by step install BioCube **Rapid Violet is here**

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Biocube, Jan 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Good deal! Expect a call from me in a couple days when my kit comes here, and I'm too big of a wussy to power it on the first time!;)

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

It's scary the first time you power them on. ;)

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

ok i'm at day 4! love the colors these things put out! love the boostled typhon controller! wish i would've got the 3.5" extensions but oh well, got 60 degree optics so i can hang them higher! love my led's!

5. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Well maybe when you upgrade to some UV you can add those extensions. :)
    I just had a pretty bad crash over the past few days... A coral got upset and stung everything including my Wrasse. He has been laying on the sand for a few days now breathing pretty heavily. :(

But the lights are working great!!! Colors are still popping and there was a lot more growth before my crash. I hope to have everything back inline in a few weeks.

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Damn that sucks! what went on the rampage? interested because i have a few things i saw in your tank in a shopping cart!

Waiting for the plug and play uv's to come out soon and i will move things around a bit when i add them!

7. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

No idea yet, I'm running carbon and doing small water changes to remove toxins from the water. Ill PM you.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Do you have to have one Rapid light controller for each driver? Or can one controller handle several drivers for all your lighting times?

10. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

I have two PWM Controllers for each driver. One PWM and control nine drivers at once. Since I wanted to have my blue turn on before my white I needed to add another PWM controller. From what I understand I could have saved $ and picked up the Typhon Controller to achieve the same results with only one device vs two.

With Rapids controller you need two if you want white and blue to have different times to simulate sunrise/sunset.

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

pretty sure a rapid controller will do 2-3 drivers! check out the boostled typhon controller! $54 shipped, does 4 drivers at 1.5mA and 4 under 1.0mA, does sunrise and sunset completely independent! and easy as heck to wire and program! love it!

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

yep! lol!:)