My Rapid LED step by step install BioCube **Rapid Violet is here**

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Biocube, Jan 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Edelmango

Edelmango Plankton

Any reason you could not have placed the white clusters diagonal from each other and the blues diagonal also? Almost in an "X" pattern .....to get better color blend....do you think it would matter?

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

I wanted to keep the blue and white on separate drivers. I could have created longer connections between the terminal board and LEDs. I'm sure the color spread would be better I'm assuming. Iv thought about that after the build and might go back later on and do it. :)

4. Edelmango

Edelmango Plankton

I appreciate your help. Is he fan array what you are supposed to do or is that your own doing? I previously upgraded my fans to Silenex and I am hoping it will be enough to cool the lights.

I do have a set of spare fans I could do something similar to your set up if I have to.

5. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

No problem! :) I may have went a little overboard with the cooling. The SilentX fans move a good amount of air but they make some sound. I added extra fans just to keep the temp down inside my hood.

6. pho88

pho88 Fire Worm

nice upgrade! very organized!

7. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Thanks for the complements. :)

8. Click Here!

9. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Well iv decided to re-organize my LEDs now. I just ordered led extensions and they should ship today. And I'm adding one more Royal Blue and Cool White LED. :)

10. Edelmango

Edelmango Plankton

I bought the same kit. I have all of the LED's mounted. If you were to look down at my heatsink, You would see 6 blues in a cluster in the upper left corner and the lower right corner. The whites are upper right and lower left. The long black connectors cross in the middle but still connect white to white and blue to blue . I am in the process of extending the leads from the boards to the 2 color dimmer gizmo. Will try to wire up the dimmer here soon.....then will try not to blow up the blues by dialing the driver down per instructions. I admit I am winging it a bit. I would prefer quick connects like you rather than soldering.

Where did you get those? Why more LED's? Not bright enough?

11. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Did you get your kit from Rapid? Are you using the PWM controller? I want to have a more equal light spread in my tank. Right now the back wall is blue and the front is really white. If you want to PM me and we can talk more about getting your drivers dialed in and setting up your PWM controller.

12. Edelmango

Edelmango Plankton

Yep....Rapid. I didn't get the controllers. I got the 2 light dimmer and I will hook them up to some timers I am using with my current PC's. I will use the R2 Extreme I am currently using as moonlight