My Rapid LED step by step install BioCube **Rapid Violet is here**

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Biocube, Jan 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Update 9/9/12:

So far the LEDs have been great! My corals have been really starting to blow up in growth, I plan to add more LEDs to expand my spectrum soon.

I'll post updates after the install is complete.

2. Click Here!

3. Joeogio

Joeogio Plankton

wow great job! me likey

4. chwimmers

chwimmers Plankton

5. fetta

fetta Astrea Snail

Have to say looks great, nice work

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I plan to update this thread to include my uv/violet/cyan/red/green upgrade.

I have seen a nice improvement in my corals color since adding the supplement LEDs.

7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

How the heck did I miss this thread?Your organization skills are awesome.Wish I knew more about electric thingy's.LOL;) Hmm it might be worth it to fly you down here for the weekend.Do you work for pizza and beer???LOL;D:cheesy:

8. Click Here!

9. bhazard

bhazard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Just wanted to share this info with you, as I think you'd enjoy it with your build. There is a freely available touch screen controller called Jarduino that you can put together for around $50, and it has a full touch screen GUI for 7 channels.

The PWM drivers that would work with it are Meanwell LDD-1000H, and they are only $5 each. The beauty of these drivers and this implementation, is that the drivers can dim the leds all the way to 0%, unlike the other Meanwells. You would need a switching power supply too. It would be awesome if RapidLED could source these drivers, as I feel the dimming capability is much better than the 60-48D's in my current build.

Here is the controller in action.
    Meanwell LDD-1000H with Arduino - YouTube

I will be building one of these myself soon.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  10. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

You must have been napping! ;) I try my best to keep everything nice and clean, but as I expand with more divers, controllers, dosing pumps and technology. I find myself with a huge umbilical cord of wires, but man does it pay off.

Rockford Airport flys to FL pretty cheap on Mondays and Fridays, I'll bring my volt meter and soldering iron. ;) I like thin crust with 312 Beer.:cheesy:

11. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Cool Rockford Illinois.Home to my favorite Drum and Bugle Corps!!!Phantom Regiment is bad ass!!!!!;D8)

12. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

I can't wait to see this controller built! I might have some extra PWM MeanWell Controllers sitting around this holiday season when I upgrade to D (0-10v) Drivers.

I honestly have never heard of them! I will ask the fiancée about them when I come home from work tonight, my job moved me here from Milwaukee so Rockford is still "new" to me. Granted I have been here since 2008, I never get a chance to go out and see the town "lack there of".

Phantom Regiment - Drum & Bugle Corps