My piece of the Reef - the new build continues!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Reefbuilder, Dec 21, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fish_whipped

Fish_whipped Astrea Snail

Nice! I am really curious about your separate refugium, and how you plummed it. It's exactly how I had planned it with the "clean" area of the sump to the refuge back to the clean. My sump isn't nearly as big as yours though.

Well done.

I want to put my tank build on here but have a heck of a time adding photos. Any help with that would be awesome also...

2. Click Here!

3. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

coming along excellent.
    I love plumbing!

1 person likes this.
  4. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

Thanks I love your stand! I checked out your build thread - good job!

5. Reefbuilder

How many trips to Home Depot does it take to put in a fish tank?? Anyway - changed directions a little bit today. The stand just did not have enough clearance for the skimmer. SOOOO I took everything apart and built new legs. I added a foot and have plenty of clearance now to get in there. And everything just fits better. I also got my GFO and Carbon Reactors so hooked them up. I have my Co2 Tank and PH meter all ready just need the Calcium reactor to deliver (not that I need to run it right away but want everything set to go)

Updated pics below.

Attached Files:

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

You really are putting your time, hard work, and money in the right place (up front)! Great job!

1 person likes this.
  7. Reefbuilder

Not much of an update - tough last week with work travel - I plan this week to get the plumbing finalized its all ran to right below the tank - push through the floor and connect to the tank! . Sump is done and my loc-line parts just came so I can start the plumbing in the tank and getting ready for water!!!

Woooo Hooo!!!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

10. Reefbuilder

well not much to post - worked in the sump room today. I built a 6' table it will hold my 40G breeder that I am using for a frag tank, a 10 gallon QT tank with shelving to hold supplies. tomorrow I am drilling through the floor and connecting the plumbing to the tank - getting closer.

11. Reefbuilder

So the build continues - a few changes. I have returned my 40 Breeder as I was able to pick up a KILLER deal on a Deep Blue Frag tank.
    The sump is filled - no leaks. plumbing is working - have all the water just pumping back into the sump right now.

I had ordered some branch rock that has not shown up yet so once it shows up (hopefully this week) the DT will BE UP AND RUNNING!!!!

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I expect a great scape with the Tongan branch rock, no pressure though. :p

Do you have any scape ideas yet?