My piece of the Reef - the new build continues!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Reefbuilder, Dec 21, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

Picked up a 20 gallon quarantine tank at petco today $20 bucks. how can you go wrong? I might go back for the 40 breeder for a frag tank.... hmmmm....

2. Click Here!

3. Reefbuilder

Today I am building my sump stand. My idea is to do a two shelved stand.

Sump with skimmer on bottom shelf - top shelf Refugium & Frag tank.

I plumbed in my manifolds - I will post some pics later - the manifolds I built for further growth!

4. Reefbuilder

Moving right along!

Today got most of the plumbing in the sump room done. Built the stand for the sump as well. built in a valve to turn the sump off so when I do the water changes I can feed new water right into the system.

I have attached a few pics.

Attached Files:

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

6. Reefbuilder

Cant wait for UPS TODAY!!!! Getting my RO unit - so I can start making water - plus a few other goodies that I need to keep the build going, like 50' each of 1" for the return and 1.5" flex PVC for the drain.

I want to get everything plumbed this coming weekend - need to run the lines from the basement - through the ceiling to the DT - put some tweaks on the sump room and then start adding some water the following weekend - my work schedule is to crazy next week - I want to be here once it is filled to make sure no issues.

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

sounds like you are moving and grooving on this Reef! Looking forward to seeing everything set up!

8. Click Here!

9. Reefbuilder

thanks - As you thought the last location was good - this is where it will be set up. Putting it in the living room. I have a Corner tank with Africans in there - I get lost in that room just with that tank - I cant imagine when both are up and running. Still arranging furniture - seating and stuff.

Attached Files:

10. Reefbuilder

Getting closer!!!!!! Refugium is all plumbed in now to the sump. I really like how it is looking and that I will have it separate. The water in will come from the "clean" water in the sump and will return the water into the "clean" area of the sump. I wanted to do a Wye on the main drain line from the DT but it was not looking right.

I think the set up is going to be fine.

Got my LR in a Brute so it can start to cycle and over the weekend will be finishing the sump - and running the Flex PVC upstairs!!!

Attached Files:

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

looking good! I really like the corner tank - I used to have one. What size is that?

12. Reefbuilder

I think it is 54 plus sump.