My Personal TaoTronics Review

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Kevin3884, Mar 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jake1

Jake1 Astrea Snail

That would be awesome!

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I'm getting one whenever they become available again. All of the dimmable are gone! It will start on my 20 while my 55 is set up. I don't think I'll need more than one as I'll have 6-12" of sand on each end of the tank. The rock will be stacked in the middle.

4. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

5. needmorecowbell

needmorecowbell Torch Coral

I have that one and I love it, the dimmer is a little weird though, it doesnt evenly dim. 75% and up looks like the same intensity.

6. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Might not be so obvious to the eye. I find a seller who is offering the unit that you have with green, 2 type of reds, violet and UV reds(in addition to cool whit and blue). Im tempted to get it.

7. needmorecowbell

needmorecowbell Torch Coral

True.. I'm going to be swapping leds out of the unit, I have heard it is easy. I just need to find someone to buy them from. My manufacturer won't email me back.. Does anyone know of a place/ someone I could buy them from? They need to be two pronged, chinese sellers have them for a buck a piece.. Good deal.

8. Click Here!

9. hdross

hdross Plankton

Any recent updates? Are you still happy with the lights? Are you still getting nice coral growth? Would you recommend 1 unit for a 28 gallon Nano?

10. hdross

hdross Plankton

Bump, really would like a response!

11. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

If you are reffering to the 120 watt Taotronics I have one over my 90 at 7 inches above the water and clams are thriving on the sb. I would definitely suggest a dimmable one because you will bake stuff in a small tank with them.

12. hdross

hdross Plankton

Thanks for the reply, yeah those are the ones I am talking about. Gues I will go ahead and place my order for the dimable unit. I have read several reviews, and they never up dated after several months, I guess I should figure they must still be happy if they havent posted.