My Own Fish Store Build!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by coloradoReef, Dec 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

I will be conscience of what we carry. I am going to try to do whats best for the industry. I will carry a lot of frags and encourage proper care.

I haven't heard of the moratoriums but will deal with it if it comes. I don't get to excited about that stuff till it becomes reality. They told me 2 years ago I wouldn't be able to get fuel/water for our construction business without paying 5x the amount and that never happened. They also said we would have to change 1/2 our fleet to alternative fuel and that never happened......but you never know!!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

I remember working in a petstore part time after I got out of the Marines,
    seems to me we got more water on the floor just carrying stuff to the packing station than we ever did by doing waterchanges... just something to consider:p

4. coloradoReef

HMM maybe I will reconsider. I just hate to put down tile and have area rugs all over or even worse just leave it concrete. We will see what happens. Its not that big of a deal for me if i try it and have to change it after the fact since there will be no carpet under the tanks.

5. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

These days there are lots of options for finishing concrete floors, they can acid etch paterns and colors into them and then polish it for a smooth , waterproof finish - I have seen some that looked abosutly incredible in some high end homes. There was one that they did a colored pattern around the borders of the room and made it look like a huge area rug - just a thought.
    Anyway, good luck which ever way you decide to go, i'll be eagerly following along :)

6. coloradoReef

Thinking about the options

here is a pic of the front of the store.the walls on the right will be cut down to 36" walls and a counter will be on top for the cash register area
    [​IMG]

7. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

DeJaVu, I did that exact procedure for a tattoo shop in Boulder a couple years ago.

8. Click Here!

9. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Congrats and Good Luck!
    I bet within a year of opening those floors will be sealed concrete.

10. coloradoReef

Maybe ... I am going to go down to a LFS about 45 min from me and check his out. I know he has carpet- like what I have in the store, real short and glued down. He redone his whole store not to long ago

Cant remember if its everywhere though.

11. NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile Skunk Shrimp

I'd totally go with some nicer concrete as well. Thay've come a long way, and it's definately come into style. I agree with the acid etch and sear it, you could do something pretty modern which is always nice.

12. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

Congrats on your new venture. I have always wanted to have my own store. Good luck I hope you do really well.