My Own Fish Store Build!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by coloradoReef, Dec 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Looking good. I've been meaning to stop and check out the sight. Looks like a good start.

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Looks awesome. If you incorporate UV, this is pretty efficient. Due to the length of the tube, you get a lot of dwell time in front of the bulb. This is the system I was talking about. Lifegard Aquatics

4. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

Hey Mike!

I will be getting with you...we will start moving in in a couple weeks. We have been dealin with the USDA about the site and all is good. Just need to finish with some paperwork!

5. coloradoReef

Thanks for the info and it was nice to talk to you today!

6. mikejrice

Awesome, I was also thinking UV on the fish only systems.

7. mikejrice

Good to hear. I'm ready to go when ever you are ready. Christmas break just started and I need to fill time with something other than politics or I will drive myself insane :eek:

8. Click Here!

9. Jm'sRSM

Jm'sRSM Fire Shrimp

so are you going to stock items that some say should not be sold due to mortality rate. ie flower pot, flame scalops and blue linkia stars to name a few. i have heard the price of sw fish, mainly, will be up to 5x the cost in the next few years do to moritoriums and such been put on wild stocks. have you heard of this? i wouldnt want to lose a $25 damsel.

10. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

looks awesome! Good luck! I cant wait to see your progress!

Are you leaving the carpet down? I would think that might be a problem? I work at a LFS part time and there is always water getting spilled on the floor. If it is not someone splashing water, it is a sump leaking, a large shipment coming in, or some stupid thing like that.

Again, good luck!

11. coloradoReef

Carpet is staying in except under and behind all the permanent tanks. There will also be drains behind or under all the permanent tanks. The water changes will all be done by turning valves instead of carrying buckets. If spillage becomes an issue than I will remove it and instal tile.

12. ddaasshh

ddaasshh Spaghetti Worm

freakin huge going to be awesome