My Orange Guttatus Birdsnest Coral 28 days later.

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by reefnJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LoJack

LoJack Sea Dragon

Definitely the biggest pain about the seriatopora's ... It'd be nice if they'd attach to LR and build themselves a strong footing

2. Click Here!

3. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

HAHA! Thats funny! How did you know I use needles? but I use insulin! How you get that on there :D, pretty funny.

4. reefnJeff

I put him on a small piece of rock, but I didn't expect this. I am really having a hard time keeping it upright.

5. reefnJeff

This is a little piece that broke off, this how it looks now.

Attached Files:

6. reefnJeff

Thanks Corailine! That Coral has a nice offspring ;)

7. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Any updated growth shots?

8. Click Here!

9. reefnJeff

Here is an updated pic of the mother plant and 2 offspring, I hope to get those traded out soon.

Attached Files:

10. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Jeff, for the love of Godness, do NOT buy knew lights. What ever you have and whatever you are doing is pure magic. Your growth is unlike something I have ever seen.

What are your parms? What kind of flow? How long is your light cycle? What eqipment do you have?

Please teach me lol.

11. reefnJeff

Check out the growth on my Red Candy Cap, that's impressive. http://www.3reef.com/forums/coral/few-my-corals-now-then-145141.html Anyways! My light is nothing special, I run the T5's for about 13 hours and the MH for about 7 hours. I think I got good flow, 2 power heads and the return from the sump pump! My params 99% of the time are really good, 0 on everything, but I check it like once every 2 months. Other that I am sad to say I do nothing, I don't do my water changes, I don't feed the Corals at all, shame on me! About once every 2 months I add my additives and such.
    If I meet you on the street and you asked me if I was a responsible reefer caretaker I would say NO! Other than feeding my stupid fish and cleaning the glass of Coralline Algae, ohhh!! and doing my top offs, I pretty much ignore it and just let it do its thing, and that's looking good for me to look at.

12. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

Seems like the more you just let your tank do its thing the better. So do you dose or use kalk since you don't really do water changes?