My new tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Siddique, May 8, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Urban_s

Urban_s Sea Dragon

Thats a sweet tank.

2. Click Here!

3. trizzot

trizzot Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Your math is way off. I have a 265 and its seven feet long, 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide, your only 3 feet longer, thats no where near 300 gallons more.
    http://www.firsttankguide.net/calculator.php
    this link will tell you your Volume in gallons. Your about 350-375 Gallons, depending on your amount of live rock. Glad to Help.

4. random_ryan

random_ryan Plankton

that would make an awsome reef tank

5. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I'm wasn't too sure about the amount of gallons, I was told that it was about that amount... My bad... There's no live rock only shoreline rock and old coral skelentons

6. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Yea I hav guys that I've arranged with to come in twice a month for me.

7. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

awww...that takes all the fun (good or bad) out of reefkeeping....

8. Click Here!

9. trizzot

trizzot Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

what i meant was not the kind of rock, but the water displacement from sand/rock/decorations...etc.... either way, glad to hear you have a large tank. Theres a small number of us who have the real deal !!! My 265 houses a Clown trigger, picaso trigger, an eel, zebra shark, radiata lionfish, porcupine puffer, an imperator angel and an minituatus grouper.

10. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Lol... I do a fair amount of maintainance myself inside the tank but when it comes to the filters, I don't have a clue what I doing... It's a learning process and I'm getting better at it:)

11. BlackWhiteYellow

BlackWhiteYellow Astrea Snail

I'm curious why your eel died, If you read my post in "im moving up to difficult" you will find that i'm looking for reasons other than it refused to eat as the cause of death, Was there suitable place for the eel to hide, how often was food offerd and what kind. from your pictures i would say that you didn't provide a nice spot as its very open, but i'm not putting down your tank, its very impressive, my concern is the eel and digging up useful information so that you and others can keep one succesfully.

ps, I love the color in this Photo

My tank is a miniscule 90L inbuilt bio filter with a purigen bag(makes a differance) no slimmer ;( but an air curtin to ensure plenty of oxigen is available.

Tayler