My new rare NPS coral!!!

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by N3MATOCYST, Jun 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dead ice

Dead ice Astrea Snail

are those illegal to have?

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Resurrected from the dead. :)

To collect and import yes. To own no. But they smuggle them in as euphyllia or cataphyllia.
    So you buying them becomes a moral issue. Would you buy an XBox if you knew it was hot? Probably not because you know owning it is illegal. But owning a Rhiz isn't illegal, selling them once they are in the country isn't illegal. But just knowing it was stolen and then smuggled into the country should make anyone not want to purchase it. Just sayin

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

It's like drugs. As long as there is demand for illegal drugs, there will be people who are willing to break the law to bring them in. I had several at a former LFS but I wouldn't display them nor sell them. I had a VERY STERN phone call with my supplier and they thought they were Balanophyllia because that's what their purchase order was for. (Whether this is true or not, we will never know).

When I left that LFS, I donated them to the Aquarium of the Pacific in California (to display....not sell).

1 person likes this.
  5. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

wow! i have a hard time spent 80 dollar on a coral, 600 i may pass out.

:thumb_up: that was a good move +1

6. fragginawsome

fragginawsome Skunk Shrimp

i know a place in garden grove that has 5+ for sale