My New LEDS - 240 watts

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by supersmirky, Jul 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefAmateur

ReefAmateur Plankton

The LED comes with a lens, doesn't it? Does that lens can control the light emit degree or not?

2. Click Here!

3. ReefAmateur

ReefAmateur Plankton

I compared their pictures, boostled's and supersmirky's, look same, probably they both bought from same china supplier.

4. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

The casing looks like it...as do a million other rebranded fixtures. If you look up at the light, you can tell it has far less LEDs than the Mu135W, and they appear to be brighter to the eye.

5. supersmirky

supersmirky Astrea Snail

6. singlee118

singlee118 Plankton

Looks great.!I wish your aquariums growing well!

7. supersmirky

supersmirky Astrea Snail

Here's some updated pics

I'm still noticing an increase in algae growth all over the rocks. Any suggestions for getting rid of this??

The Duncans are growing considerably as well as the bubble coral but now my toadstool doesn't appear to be fully extending here lately. I'm doing a water change today and will see what it looks like after.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Algae looks to be Dinoflagellates, from what I can see at least.

10. supersmirky

supersmirky Astrea Snail

Thanks for the ID ....doesn't look like good stuff..I will try to get better pics up later. Looks like I'll be sucking up as much of this algae as I can during the water change. I'll try to find pre-leds pics for comparisons and post the new pics and the old pics

11. ReefAmateur

ReefAmateur Plankton

The algae proves that the LED aquarium light does have higher efficiency than your T5HO set up, the light are much more intense, higher penetration, higher PAR value, what you people say.

No algae with your T5HO set up I think it's because your tank didn't get enough lighting. Now there is algae it's probably the tank get too much lighting.

You should reduce the lighting time, or reduce the light intensity, you can cover some LEDs with some stickers to reduce the light.

12. ReefAmateur

ReefAmateur Plankton

By the way, what's the value of NO3? High NO3 plus too much lighting, then algae comes, right?