My New LEDS - 240 watts

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by supersmirky, Jul 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. supersmirky

supersmirky Astrea Snail

Thanks fishyfish. If I had more money, I would have a lot more corals but I'm loving what I have. Had a pipe organ coral I couldn't keep alive for anything.

2. Click Here!

3. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I was recently up in Pennsylvania at That Fish Place and saw this unit, or something almost identical to it, over one of their frag tanks. I was interested in it, unfortunately, no one had any info on who made it or where it came from. It looked like my Mu135W fixture, but brighter. Since it was on, I could not get a good look at the chip itself. It looks solid. I have inquired with the manufacturer about this fixture.

4. ReefAmateur

ReefAmateur Plankton

I remember the fixture is from China?

5. ReefAmateur

ReefAmateur Plankton

Do you have the link? I checked that pet place website but no similar fixture there?

6. ReefAmateur

ReefAmateur Plankton

Curious, what's the difference with and without optics? Optics are better for aquariums?

7. ReefAmateur

ReefAmateur Plankton

Stupid question but what's the reason for algae? LED lighting?

8. Click Here!

9. PierceEye

PierceEye Aiptasia Anemone

LOL Thats BS about the patent protection fee....just another drummed up Chinese BS story to raise the "costs".....I deal with manufactures in China all the time

P.S. There is no formal Patent System in China :)

10. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Optics help focus and direct the light towards the tank. Without optics leds emit light at roughly 120° so without optics a lot of the light would be wasted. Similar to reflectors and halides or t5s...only better...but I could be biased as I run leds also lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

11. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I dont think they are selling that fixture yet I go up there about once a week cause I "need" something lol and havent seen it on there shelves. ;D But they do have 2 what looks like MU Series 135w lights hanging over a frag tank. Mu Series 135W LED Module by BoostLED

12. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I wish they weren't 2 hrs away. I am heading there tomorrow to try to pick up a fish...not sure what yet though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk