My new iwagumi tank

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by That Guy, Sep 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

It looks like a scene from Lord of the Rings! Sweeet!

2. Click Here!

3. abraKADAV3R!

abraKADAV3R! Feather Duster

oh man great looking tank plzzzzz dont re arrange this one

4. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

thanks eveyone :)

I dont plan on rearranging the scape on this tank any time soon...but i am in the middle of rescaping the 5 gallon :)

5. That Guy

I did some pruning and routine maintenance tonight so while the glass is still oh so clean i figure i should snap some more photos :)

here is one of me pruning the tank
    [​IMG]

3/4 view
    [​IMG]

front view
    [​IMG]

6. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

It's looking like a work of art Craig.

7. That Guy

thanks!! That is actually what i am going for! I put a lot of hours into this tank trying to create a masterpiece. It still isnt exactly to my liking yet. I think i need to add a few mid ground plants in some spots and the background needs to grow in thicker. Other than that i think it is coming along nicely.

8. Click Here!

9. That Guy

Disaster strikes!!!! Woke up yesterday to the tank covered in cyano! Just pulled out as much as i could with the forceps and sucked out a bunch of it while doing a 40% water change. I took some foam boards and cut them to size in order to black the tank out for the next 3 days! Finally i had some azithromycin 500mg tablets that i crushed up and separated into 10 equal parts. (FYI the little spoons that come with salifert kits are roughly 50mg) i dosed the tank to reach about 2.5mg/l...ill keep you posted :(

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I didn't know that cyano could grow in fresh water?

11. That Guy

its called blue-green algae in the freshwater world....but still the same thing

12. That Guy

well i beat the cyano by dosing azithromycin...I had some in the house from last time i was sick so i crushed it upo and dosed the tank to 2.5mg/l for 4 days and completely blacked out the tank. So, now the tank is back in order and i added some fish and shrimp :) I actually have some awesome sulawesi red gold flake shrimp that will be here on friday!! Anyway...here are some photos i just took. Sorry if they arent that great but my dog decided my tripod was a new chew toy haha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.