My new iwagumi tank

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by That Guy, Sep 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

nice.

are you going to change out the plant species in there?

2. Click Here!

3. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

I plan to use HC as the foreground still but maybe go with dwarf hair grass as a background along with B. Japonica. Im doing a little experiment with growing both the HC and the dwarf hair grass emersed. Ill see how it goes before replanting the tank cause i have some ideas brewing :)

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

whered you get your HC from, my lfs is being very difficult about fw plants.

im kinda nervous about ordering from a online site because i bought some pellia from a ebay store. it arrived dead but being optimistic i put it in my tank anyway hoping it would come back. it didn't but what i did get from it was some wicked algae. it looked like ugly brown cheatomorpha.

5. That Guy

got mine from a LFS. Make sure to dip all new plants in a mild 10-20% bleach dip for 2-3 min!! As of right now i am growing the HC emeressed and so far it is proving to be the best way of doing it to get that thick carpet and you dont have to deal with it constantly floating up.

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

one more question how loud is the ehiem? can you hear it or is it completely silent?

7. That Guy

hey guys figured id give you all an update with the progress of the tank... It has been growing in nicely. still no water in there yet but i plan o open the flood gates in the next few weeks...Once a few more bare spots in the foreground fill in then ill fill er up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

wow it looks even better then before - i think it would so cool with a Red Betta in there! He could be like the dragon in the mountains!

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

That looks so cool! How do you grow the plants without submersing them under water?

11. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

12. bbsbliss

bbsbliss Ritteri Anemone

I'm still fascinated. I can't wait to see the water version!